As I told you in my previous Filofax post, one them serves as my wallet, somewhat combined with an envelope budget system inspired by Dave Ramsey. I might be a tech girl, I find it easier to keep a budget without paying everything by card and using cash. Instead of paper envelopes, I have several transparent plastic envelopes made by Filofax to keep everything in order.
Here’s my set up :
Cards in the front :
The most used ones : ID card, memberships cards from groceries stories, health card etc.
On the rings
- A transparent Dashboard to keep post-its and last minute lists
- A few To Do pages where I list things I need to buy
- The food envelope : the most used one, so it’s in front for an easy access.
- Between two dividers held together by a clip (so no fear of any money slipping ut), I keep the other envelopes : Eating out, Health, Kids, Leisure, Personal, Job. They’re all marked with a bit of washi tape. The dividers are also great for keeping the liquidities in those envelopes hidden at the grocery store. I never keep all month’s amount in there, but better safe than sorry.
- All my Customer and reduction cards from various locations
In the back Pocket :
All the change, because obviously it won’t stay put in the envelopes.
In the large back Pocket from the Chameleon model :
I keep receipts, until I get home and transfer them to my Personal Filofax for money management.
Next time, I’ll explain my work set up in my A5 Filofax and that will be all for planner organizing (well, for now).